1. Hunting is probably OK.
2. The Second Amendment was made in a time when everyone had pistols and rifles. Today the government outlaws big guns for normal people while they use it for themselves.
3. The Second Amendment was made so that you could protect yourself from the government or other people if you wanted to. If a SWAT team came into your house...if the government really wanted to get you, those guns you bought at Wal-Mart are not going to do dick.
4. "So are you saying we should just outlaw all guns since it's already pointless anyway as far you can tell?" Well, it would seem that way. Basically, I just want people to see these views to have a better opinion about things. I'm not offering a solution at this point. I'm just showing more arguments.
5. "If hunting was OK, then people would probably just start killing each with those. Would crime go down just because the guns would be bigger? Also, since they're bigger, it makes it harder to conceal so now when someone is coming after you with a gun, you can recognize it quicker and have more time to run!"
6. Does making handguns illegal lower crime rates? Does it lower murder cases?
7. We are living in an age of AK-47s and Uzis. This is not the age of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. We really need to take this stuff into account and not be blinded by our own blind need to "not be foreign."
I'm fine with people loving their own country but I've always hated how patriotism AUTOMATICALLY creates barriers with other people. Patriotism means you AUTOMATICALLY dislike other countries. That's the way it seems to me. I'm objective towards patriotism.