2008年10月3日金曜日

The E-Mail Think Tank continued...

1. Matt: So, how is it that when my eyes look at something and it registers in my animal brain that there's some magic happening just because it's being observed. How does dumb matter even know it's being observed? Does the observer have to be as sentient as us or can this work with dolphins and chimpanzees as well? Sorry, I just don't get this all the way. Thanks.  

Matt: It's an open question, scientifically, just how conscious an observer has to be to collapse the wavefunction. My guess would be that, the more conscious an observer is, the more wavefunctions it's able to collapse.  

As to how dumb matter knows it's being observed, welcome to one of th mysteries of quantum physics. We don't really know how, exactly. We just know that it does.  

2. Me: Is the soul and the spark of Awareness the same thing?  

Matt: More or less, I'd say. Could be wrong though.

0 件のコメント: