2008年10月23日木曜日

America Is Broken

   The following shows the kind of person in America that I disagree with. The super right-wing of America is crazy. They'll say things like "That's not the Christianity, I know" when I can't help but think that their own fucking Christianity is not the Christianity that their forefathers gave them. Most Christian scholars believe that in early Christianity and up until fairly recently...a few hundred years ago or so, ...no one took the Bible THAT literally. I don't think anyone cared to. The Christianity of every age is different. Everyone says it's one unchanging thing but that's bullshit. What happened in America ...especially the South is that the extremely religious from Scotland and Ireland came over and set up camp. That's basically it. The British were never as religious as the Scottish or Irish. If you look at the South's heritage, you can see that most people there are of that heritage. This is how we get the Bible Belt today. This is why the North is different. There's two different original cultures here.
   Just one more thing before I go, I hate it when people believe the Rapture WILL happen in their lifetime. I don't care if you believe it'll happen at some point. I don't care if you say it MIGHT happen in our lifetime...but for Christ's sake, ...believing that without a doubt that the world WILL end in the next 60 or so years is madness. It is dangerous and it will not set up things in the best way, I feel, for generations to come. Anyway, the video below of this woman is just one thing that's wrong with Americans. Keep the populace stupid and they'll do whatever you want.




0 件のコメント: