2009年5月3日日曜日

Part 1

The only thing I have to say about "personal event" making/helping people believe in the Christian or any specific God is that I think it's quite suspect that if something supposedly "supernatural" happens in someone's life they automatically thank the God they know most when if it's supernatural it could have been anything. It could have been Buddha. Who knows? The main contradiction here I find is that Muslims and people of other religions will call whatever they see as "supernatural" and ascribe that event to the god they know the most already. One argument against what I'm saying right now could be that "well I prayed for this to a specific god to happen and it did so obviously it's real" however this kind of thing is said by all people of any faith really. If Christians were the only people getting their prayers answered I would be impressed but that is just not the case. Why do Spanish people always talk of seeing saints but Protestants never do? It should be the same religion.


Protestants will just say that those Spanish Catholics with their saints are just crazy but the same is said the other way around and the amount of confusion within one religion is just too much for me. There should be one central source in one religion...especially if it's monotheistic. You could say the source is Jesus but at the same time why are these Spanish Catholics and Catholics in general always talking of seeing saints in visions or Mother Mary? Why are those visions crazy but those of Jesus are not? It's just nuts to me. 

To me, the way I view religion is general is man trying to cope with the knowledge of his own death. That's how it was created kind of. A lot of it today is just remaining from a time when people did not have a scientific worldview. Bronze age mentalities in the nuclear age will just not go well for too long. If there is a God in the sense that the Judeo-Christian-Muslim says there is then I'd say that all religions are just filters ...ways of seeing the

0 件のコメント: