2009年1月4日日曜日

Women and Belief

"Across the EU, belief was higher among women, increased with age, those with strict upbringing, those with the lowest levels of formal education, those leaning towards right-wing politics, and those reflecting more upon philosophical and ethical issues."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_European_Union 


Across America, even today I've heard of something called a "baby boomer" relationship or church-going relationship...I can't remember what it's called. This is referring to the wife/mother basically being the driving force in the relationship to make sure that everyone goes to church on Sunday. This can also be reflected in Marge on the Simpson's. My questions is "Why is that?" Of course, it's a why question. Japan is not religious at all but I have heard many women on TV and in person searching for something spiritual and I have heard of guys doing a little bit not as much.

I'm really not trying to be sexist here. I just want to point out a difference I've noticed. It also seems at times that women don't understand science in the way that I think a lot of guys can/do. I'm speaking in really general terms here. Basically, I'd like to know if there's some relationship with estrogen or whatever it is in women that allows for them to be more "spiritual" or more "religious" ...more about it than men in general. 

Either: 


1. Women are seeing/feeling something (that really is there)that men aren't. 


2. Women in general have lower scores in science and therefore, by default, think of things more spiritually. (Men usually have lower scores in Literature, etc....it's the way it goes). 


3. It's a combination of the two above. 


4. It's a combination of the two and something else I haven't touched upon. 


5. I don't know what I'm talking about.

0 件のコメント: